Glen Gower of Ottawa Start posted this note August 17 in which he asks artists to submit a piece of art, digitally, to him for consideration. I've submitted the piece above I've named, Calling Pollock. not to be confused with Pollock's Folly below.
Here's the information:
“Skyscraper Art on OttawaStart”. Here's what it's about:
- I have some unsold “skyscraper” ad space on OttawaStart that I want to donate to local artists. (The skyscraper space is the long skinny ad space on the right-hand side of OttawaStart.com).
- I’m looking for 30 pieces of art from Ottawa artists to feature in the space, taking over the “Skyscraper” spot for at least 10 weeks this fall, from September 15 to November 30. Maybe longer, we’ll see.
- I’m looking for any kind of visual art – painting, sculpture, digital, textiles, photographs, whatever. It could be an original piece of art, or an adaptation or detail of an existing piece.
- The entries will be curated by me (Glen Gower, the owner/editor of OttawaStart), and displayed in rotation – in other words, every 30th visitor to our site would see your art displayed. Whenever someone clicks on your art, they’ll be taken to a landing page with a listing of all the participating artists, including a link back to your web site.
- To participate, please send your art submission before August 31, 2010 via email to skyscraper at ottawastart dot com. Each piece of art should be formatted as 160(w)x500(h) pixels, GIF or JPG. No Flash please. (The actual space is 160x600 pixels but I’ll use 100 pixels to credit this artist & title the work.)