Translate

Translate

Thursday 18 November 2010

Upcoming Show!

Yes, it's time to hit the boards, or rather, display the boards and get some more buzz going.

The building you are looking for in Stittsville.
Street sign with address.
About eight months ago, not sure how it happened, but a librarian from the Stittsville Public Library, not too far from town, just beyond the fringe, called and asked if I'd like to display my Quirky B's in December.

Of course, I said yes.

They have an ongoing art display and actually, a friend who is an exceptional water colourist was booked for September or October but I guess things did not work out as planned.


Currently, there are letters from a soldier from the Frst World War available for viewing, along with a cabinet the contains a pilot's rather ragged fur jacket and a blue great coat.

The wall for hanging is a good size and if I have any criticism, it is that it is an out-of-the-way location, by the washrooms and drinking fountain, and the lighting is abysmal. A bulkhead casts a shadow from the ceiling to about four feet from the floor.

Another thing I am concerned about is security. There is no one around to monitor what is occurring in the vicinity of that rear wall.

Hard by the drinking fountain and washrooms.
Only have to the crook in the wall.

I've got an idea of what I want to put at the end of this aisle.