Translate

Translate

Saturday 6 July 2013

GuitArt Project Coming Along

Quite nicely, I'd say. Collage is something that takes patience and exactitude. Our first exposure comes in public school or perhaps Sunday school and for most of us, it doesn't go any further.

What's novel about this project is the subject matter, entertainment advertisements and display ads, and a few comics, from a sixty-some year-old newspaper, incidentally, one that ceased production decades ago, The Ottawa Journal.

I have successfully covered the top and bottom of the case and think I might do the sides, or perhaps not.  I'll see how it looks once the multiple coats of
shellac have been applied. It may be overkill doing the sides.

I think this is going to be a very interesting guitar case once I finish with it. It's an older case, not sixty years but perhaps 25 or 30 so is somewhat apropos.

Lovely in black and white.