Translate

Translate

Monday 21 October 2013

Another Clothing Donation Box


Another clothing donation box appeared a few blocks from the green one. Checking the charity registration number, it appears that these are two different organizations. This one runs sheltered residences for developmentally delayed people. I have no idea why they are collecting clothing unless it is for the people they house.

I saw a woman in a small sedan checking the box last evening
at around 9:30 pm. I did not see her load anything in her car but this morn when I walked by, there was only a pair of jeans inside.

These boxes are not a good addition to our neighbourhood.






The leather brief case below was given to me this afternoon
on the eve of the play writing circle I attend and it occurred to me that it might be a good pretext for a play.

I didn't ask what was in the case and didn't open it until several hours after I got home. At first, I could not open it. There is a small barrel combination lock and it seemed to malfunction. When I finally figured it out and opened the case, it could have held money, drugs, books or even clothing but, alas, it was empty.

Still, what an interesting thing to fashion a play around.  Just suppose the things that could have been in the case and the places such an elegant case might have been to and the fascinating "briefs" it might have carried.

How about for a working title, "The Hard Case."