Translate

Translate

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Alzheimer's Society Art Show starts Friday

And I'm ready! See details here: http://saintbrigidscentre.com/Events.htm



I'll have three distinct pieces in the show which include the triptych, the gold-coloured board with the frames and the one I worked on today that is representative of the plaques and tangles that are the evidence of Alzheimer's Disease.


Using the Alzheimer's Society signature yellow and blue as a background colours, for the first time, I'm using peripherals, namely electrical cords cut from keyboards, knotted and tied, facsimile to what is noted in the brains of people who've had Alzheimer's. Brain biopsy is how an exact diagnosis is made, usually, posthumously.


I call this board, Tangled up in Loss.

But you'll never lose me.

Shannon Lee