Monday, 28 February 2011
Getting the Axe
This board will look different when you see it at the Patrick John Mills Gallery on Thursday if you come to the vernissage. At least, I hope it will.
I affixed the board to a square piece of chipboard I painted black. I wanted the axe to stand upright between the two pieces but knew that glue would not do the trick.
What I ended up using is black window caulking. I am hoping that it has solidified in the past couple of days since I left the boards at the gallery. It was very shaky the day I dropped it off. I had glued the handle to the board, the tip of the end, with hot glue but it had come loose by the time I got to the gallery.