Translate

Translate

Tuesday 16 August 2011

On the Road with The Marilyn Suite

Today, I took six Quirky B's, a portion of The Marilyn Suite, to Almonte, ON, a town of about 6,000 contented souls, 40 minutes from Ottawa. Owners of Foodie's Restaurant on Mill St, Julie and Jason, have graciously accepted my suggestion that some of the Quirky B's be displayed on their walls and I wanted to give them a preview.

I am creating The Marilyn Suite especially for this purpose, keeping in mind the burgundy-coloured walls and the folksy ambiance of the space. The display will go up mid-September.
While in  Almonte, I took the opportunity of putting up some posters advertising the current WAR show and upcoming, I Killed the Group of Seven, show at Patrick John Mills Gallery. Interestingly, as I was stapling the posters to the pole, a local resident asked me what they meant. This is the first time anyone's shown an interest in what I was doing as I put up posters for the gallery.