|Back of hand|
|Plaster-filled glove cupped in a bowl of sand, palm up.|
I quickly poured it into a rubber glove, a small-sized glove, making sure that the fingers all got enough plaster in each one. I did not have to seal the end of the glove as the compound was already semi-solid so no danger of it dripping out.
I discovered that when I made the other two hands, they turned out too big and in using a Styrofoam ball to cup the hand, air bubbles formed on the back of the hand. The underside, the side which will not be seen, was perfect but not the top. I had not ensured the gloves were filled properly so there were air bubbles leaving the back of the hand uneven and I did not ensure that there was enough plaster was in each finger and some of them broke when I cut off the glove. I put talcum powder in the glove this time, hoping to make extraction easier.
Stay tuned for how this works. The plaster will dry overnight and I will release the hand in the morning.