Translate

Translate

Monday 22 August 2011

Criteria, Shiteria

Since doing all the outdoor shows last summer, maybe I've become a bit of a display snob. Whereas I was delighted to be accepted to the various shows in 2010, I am somewhat less enchanted by what I've been seeing at similar shows this summer and when I read some of the qualifications or criteria for selection, I am happy to not be participating.

Just this evening, a call-out for art came from a well-known arts council.
I had to grimace when I read the following:

Criteria for selection are: appropriate use of medium, consistent style or theme, knowledge of the elements and principles of art, and originality.

I have to say that I am baffled at how I was accepted last year when I only fulfill one of the criteria.


I'm going to let my readers guess which one I think I had in the bag.