Translate

Translate

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Dancers' Tribute to Rachel Browne, Founder of Winnipeg's Contemporary Dancers

Today, I was creative with my trusty point 'n shoot Kodak. I started my digital photographic experience with Kodak and I continue to use it even though the company has undergone some changes and the Kodak name has taken a fall.

If one has cats, one always has something to photograph. They are the best subject matter.

In a stroke of good fortune today, there was a dance recital at the Human Rights Monument in downtown Ottawa and I happened to be present  for it.

Contemporary dance maven, Rachel Brown, 77, died in her sleep in Ottawa on Saturday. She was in town for the Canada Dance Festival. She leaves three daughters and three grand-children.

The tribute was remarkable and amazing. With a stirring breeze, the veil surrounding more of the dancers moved in tandem with them at times and at other times, swirled to their own beat. Couldn't have been a better day for it.

Lovely to see young dancers intent on perfecting their art.