Translate

Translate

Monday 15 October 2012

Pink Slip Pinata, Down for the Count

Either it fell over in the wind or someone pushed it over...again, so I have decided to disassemble the art installation on Florence St. It came down today, literally and figuratively. The eight-foot structure was standing early afternoon but when I happened to go to the front of the house around 4:00, it was laying on its side. A bad sign.

I've been noticing that every morning, the blue tarps which I clamp in place with heavy-duty clothes pins, like alligator clips, they are, have been thrown off and lay crumpled on the ground. At first, I thought it was the wind but in retrospect, someone was taking off the tarps so that the signs and other paper components would get damaged if it rained or snowed. (Yes, we had snow the other day.)

So it's best that sleeping dogs lay and toppled art is still.