Translate

Translate

Thursday 14 February 2013

Valentine's Day is HERE!

I wanted something special to post for Valentine's Day and sure enough, I found it.

The armband
Membership card
In a desk drawer, pushed tight along one of the sides, I discovered my Army of Broken Hearts membership and armband.

Even more than ten years ago, I knew I could not do without belonging to this esteemed group.


I can't recall where I read about it, in a 'zine, perhaps, but it was post-911 as stipulated by part of the treatise typed on a typewriter and then badly photocopied on red construction paper. The membership card, however, is laminated and the armband, exquisitely sewn by someone who knows their way around a sewing machine. Tabs of Velcro are used as fasteners. 

There is no indication of the age or gender of the person who went to all this trouble. 
What the membership package contained.
(not the cat paw)
Nor the cat.