Translate

Translate

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Guitar Case Beginning

This is the case that will be offered to the Ottawa Hospice Charity Art Sale at the end of September. It is one of the cases from Spaceman Music and whereas I was looking forward to having it in the 2014 show, this is a good cause and I want to be involved.

In a departure from anything I've done with guitar cases so far, I have painted the sides a rich royal blue. I was hoping to locate red spray paint suitable for the fabric interior but did find any today.

The top and bottom will be in full-colour as photos from popular magazines from the sixties and seventies will be used. The first decoupaged case was created using clippings from newspapers from the fifties and no colour at all was used.




Some wear and discolouration is in evidence inside the case.