Translate

Translate

Wednesday 9 June 2010

A stretched  version of  Door of Perception. 

When I look at this piece, I think of Aldous Huxley's Doors of Perception but not for the touted perception that came from mescalin.

Rather I hearken to what he said about self-exploration and awareness:

I wanted to change the world. But I have found that the only thing one can be sure of changing is oneself.
Aldous Huxley

I sent in my application to the Strathcona Art in the Park event in August and asked the Burnstown artists' collective if I could display the Quirky B's on July 27, on day three of their community art show. They may not want a interloper, we'll see. 

I have made overtures to the Minto Park Art Show in July and am on the waiting list. I plan a special series on the Seven Deadly Sins for this show and hope I am accepted.

Thank-you for all that you are and are trying to be.

Shannon Lee