Translate

Translate

Monday 3 February 2014

News Alert! The Log Logs On

Quelle surprise! Just when I was bereft of ideas of what to do with the 1928 naval college magazine by the name of, The Log, I received this email: 



Good morning Ma'am,

    I greatly apologize for the delayed response. If you still have it around and have no sentimental attachments to it yet, feel free to send it to the following address:


The LOG Magazine


101 Buchanan Road


Annapolis, MD 21402


  I can discuss pre-paid postage or compensation with you if you would like, though I cannot imagine it costing too much. I'll have to admit, that's a very strange place to find our publication, but I hope it's representing us well up there. Should you feel the need to discard it, I only ask that you do so in proper accordance with by ceremoniously burning in whilst playing the entirety of Rush's 2112 (I imagine that can't be too hard to get a hold of in Ottawa). It is tradition, after all. Thank you so much for letting us know about this; we appreciate it.


Very Respectfully,


Mike Ebeling


MIDN   USN

-------------------------------

Of course, I shall have to look up this Rush 2112 in case it comes in handy for similar situations. 

Meanwhile, I'll find a way of either rolling the publication in a mailing tube or finding a manila envelope large enough to handle it. I wonder how they mail to their subscribers? 

Thus, a chapter closes on Discoveries Made During Apartment Renos.