Translate

Translate

Thursday 5 June 2014

Buddy, Can You Spare a Dime

 There do not appear to be any metal slugs in Ottawa. The thin, round discs, at one time, were the byproduct of some process that only wanted the holes in a piece of metal and not the part cut away. No one seems to know what they are or where they can be found. I think the best recommendation I had was to  look at a hardware store and to phone Lee Valley Tools. I looked at LVT's catalogue and found nothing similar to what I am looking for.

I will tell you, however, what might work as a covering for  the neck are scores of our ten cent piece or dimes.

In working on a prototype, I thought I might use pennies for a border but on second thought, I don't like the look.

I have enough slugs left to do up to the beginning of the neck and I have enough dimes to do at least a third of not half of the neck right now. Maybe $30 to $50 of dimes more will do the job,