Translate

Translate

Thursday 16 May 2013

When Things Need to Change

Started my guitar case this morn. Thought I'd put on a coat of Gesso, to give the forthcoming materials "tooth." This turns out to be an unnecessary step.










The case looks good in light grey, at least, presentable. And then I added some colour. The plan was to apply brush tips of paint in yellows, pinks, oranges and maybe a contrasting colour or two.


This is what it looked like half way through. Taking shape but not nearly as interesting as with a straight black background. And a subsequent application of sparkle glaze did nothing to enhance it.

Below, it looks better in natural light but not entirely to my liking so I have covered it with a black wash which, as it turns out, is not dark enough.

Today was a lesson in frustration; tomorrow, it's back to the drawing board.