Translate

Translate

Wednesday 19 February 2014

I'd Pitch a Play Again

A head to  hold the hat.
An interesting and worthwhile experience at the 2014 Pitch Party at the Great Canadian Theatre Company here in Ottawa. Without having participated, I would not have the insight I gained this evening into what works and what doesn't.

I think being creative and acting out a scene or coming on all gang-busters in costume or in something outlandish, did not work this evening.

Perhaps at another time, another venue, this would work but for this evening, of the 13 pitches, the ones that got noticed were done straight-up.

The scene in the downstairs lobby where the "dance card" portion
was held. Each participant was provided with a table with their
name on it and then those interested in speaking with them could
sign up for three or four minutes before moving on to the next table.

The participants and the order in which they
appeared. I was right in the middle.