Translate

Translate

Sunday 15 December 2013

Eyebrows…Trapped!

Eyebrows trapped in an elevator but showing no 
sign of consternation.
Took my fledgling eyebrows dancing this eve at a birthday party and was bringing a food plate to the woman working at the reception desk when the elevator I was in refused to budge and the doors would not open. This has never happened to me before.

I was not afraid. After all, I had food if I were trapped for any length of time, and the elevator was a good temperature so I wasn't about to be miserable in a cold or overly warm environment. I was released within 15 minutes after someone was instructed to pull the breaker. For the rest of the evening, the elevator was Out of Order.

I think for the first time in more than a decade, this evening, my eyebrows looked semi-normal. Of course, I pencilled them in to help with the illusion that they are doing their bit to enhance my face.

I have to say, no one sidled up to me to ask questions or to make comments. Felt good.


 I walked those eyebrows home in a raging snow storm that apparently blew in from the American mid-west. Wind and driving snow made for an exciting walk home on the coldest night of the winter.

There was a woman a few years back in Ottawa who went out to the corner store to buy some milk and cigarettes and she must've tripped and fell into a snow bank. She was unable to get up and when a plough happen by a little later, the driver didn't see her and the still breathing person was buried and froze to death.

This is a bit of a moral tale. Over-dress for warmth and be careful.